Professional Services Engineer EMEA
Kalray is one of the most promising and innovative French Deep Tech companies. A spin-off of CEA French lab, one of Europe’s most prestigious research laboratories, Kalray is a leading provider of hardware and software technologies for high-performance, data centric computing markets, from cloud to edge. The company provides a full range of products to enable smarter, more efficient, and energy-wise data-intensive applications and infrastructures. Its offers include its unique patented DPU processors, acceleration cards, software-defined storage and data management solutions, for growing sectors such as Datacenters, AI, Media & Entertainment, Life Sciences, Scientific Research, Edge Computing, Automotive.
Kalray is a fast-growing company with more than 200 employees. The company is present in France, UK, Germany, US, Japan, and has a number of leading investors such as Alliance Venture (Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi), NXP Semiconductors, CEA and Bpifrance. Kalray is also listed on Euronext Growth (FR0010722819 – ALKAL).
Kalray is first and foremost a team of passionate, enthusiastic and supportive people, who put excellence and collaboration at the heart of their daily work. Whether you are an expert in your field or a recent graduate, you will find your place and blossom in Kalray’s agile, inclusive and dynamic environment, where you will be able to fully express your talent and contribute to the company’s success. On the agenda: exciting challenges with friendly and collaborative ambience, within an office set amongst panoramic mountains and vibrant nature… and much more!
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Professional Services Engineer for our Team! Join the adventure!
Professional Services Engineers engage with customers to provide installation, migration, training, and advisory services for our software-defined storage and data management offerings. They handle installations ranging from single-node cloud-based deployments to our largest hybrid, geographically distributed architectures.
They are expected to be able to interface with the customer, with our Product, Development, and Sales to find the best route for customer success, and to help drive improvements into pixstor/ngenea features and processes.
- Uses a consultative approach to customer engagements
- Looks for opportunities to help customers achieve their visions more effectively and efficiently
- Delivers on SOW with guidance from technical architects
- Contributes to the extension and maintenance of documentation/scripts for implementation and workflow to align with custom requirements via product management and development teams
- Communicate opportunities to the customer account team
- Provide feedback to product management and development team to improve the quality of the product in line with customer requirements and our own efficiency needs
- Provide feedback to Project Managers to make scheduled delivery more consistent
- Continually work with Project Managers and Build Manager to streamline and improve delivery
- Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of your team and Professional Services
- Provide mentorship for Professional Services Engineers to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy
- Manage/oversee/deliver on multiple projects, either as the primary engineer or as a lead providing oversight to other Professional Services Engineers
- Implementing and/or maintaining high-performance/high-volume storage solutions
- High Throughput Network solutions such as InfiniBand and Ethernet (RoCE)
- Parallel, clustered, or scale-out file systems such as Spectrum Scale (GPFS), Lustre, BeeGFS, Quantum StorNext, OneFS, Qumulo, Weka, etc.
- Enterprise data storage technologies, such as SAN and NAS storage, Fibre Channel and iSCSI, CIFS/SMB, and NFS
- Windows Server administration and/or UNIX/Linux system administration experience
- Experience within Media & Entertainment or Research-focused industries
- Knowledge of cloud computing & storage and object storage (AWS, GCS, Azure)
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Cross-platform system administration experience, including user authentication in a mixed Windows/POSIX environment
- Networking experience, including advanced switch configuration
- High-throughput networking RDMA, RoCE, NVMeOF, IPoIB
- LDAP or Active Directory experience
- Experience with high-performance computing and/or M&E Focused
- Scripting experience – Perl, python, bash, ksh, and/or PowerShell, etc
- Technical writing, technical consulting, or training experience
- Experience with data collection and analysis, including reporting and monitoring tools
- Experience with configuration management frameworks such as Salt, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with metric and health monitoring platforms such as Nagios and Prometheus
- Basic Docker experience
- Vendor-specific SAN/NAS certifications
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with multiple customer engagements at once
- Positive disposition and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and provide clear status updates
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully hybrid working organization (remote workers + office workers, multiple international offices across a wide range of time zones)
- ~30% travel may be required
- Work at a company that is a consumer of technologies used for high-performance computing, artificial intelligence, or media & entertainment production
- Technical project management experience
Nice to Have:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar preferred but not required
- Fluent French and German desirable but not required
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Location: Remote (Europe)
Start Date: ASAP
Reference #: A 2023 J1