DevOps Engineer in UK
pixitmedia is helping the business of entertainment become more effective – faster, less expensive, more collaborative and more flexible. Most of the “who’s who” in Media & Entertainment (Warner Media, Fox Sports, Sony, IMAX, Sky, A&E, Framestore, Deluxe, BBC and Technicolor to name a few) are already using our products to create content with record speed and efficiency. For time and cost-sensitive projects, the value proposition is unparalleled – delivering guaranteed performance, flexibility and better collaboration, on-premises and in the cloud.
arcastream brings the same value proposition to the industries of research, life sciences and artificial intelligence to offer high-performance, software-defined storage solutions specifically designed to accelerate the world’s most challenging data workflows.
pixitmedia and arcastream are both Kalray companies. Kalray is a pioneer in a new generation of processors (DPU) and acceleration cards specializing in intelligent data processing. Kalray, pixitmedia and arcastream share a common vision, with highly complementary hardware and software solutions aimed at addressing future developments in the world of intensive data and storage processing. More information can be found on Kalray here.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual who can roll up their sleeves and deliver beyond expectations for our customers across our two brands; pixitmedia and arcastream. The work is exciting and challenging, working with the biggest customers in Media & Entertainment and leading research Institutions.
We are a growing business with a huge technical and commercial focus, with many opportunities for personal growth.
If this sounds like you, keep reading . . .
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll need to act as a ’technical bridge’ between technical operations and core development teams within the business- translating field requirements and improvement opportunities into development needs, as well as providing internal training to support, professional services and pre-sales engineers on new product features and enhancements.
- Provide ‘development-level’ technical support to operationally-focused areas of the business
- Resolve or improve issues with the relevant development teams within the overall business
- Identify opportunities for the automation of tasks to improve technical function
- Generate both internal and customer-facing documentation, knowledge-based articles and “play books”
- Provide regular operational and management updates regarding current field issues, associated workarounds and expected fixes
- Strong teamwork and internal-communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great documentation skills
- Ability to manage expectations
- Ability to clearly explain issues to others
- A degree in computer science, data science or information technology is preferred
- Expert in Linux
- Expert scripting languages Bash or Python
- Good command in Kubernetes/CI Tools /Elasticsearch/CTDB
- High-performance storage and technologies/protocols, such as NVMeOF, NVMe over TCP, RDMA, RoCE, PFC/ECN, iSER, SRP, iSCSI, etc.
- Cloud experience essential and experience working with Enterprise hardware
- Experience building, supporting or maintaining a clustered or parallel filesystem such as Spectrum Scale, Lustre, Quantum Stornext, BeeGFS, etc.
- Task and message queue services such as Celery and RabbitMQ
- Web development frameworks such as Django and flask
Nice to Have:
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Location: High Wycombe (UK) or Rotherham (UK) preferred – remote working acceptable
Reporting to: Barry Evans